- To ensure the safety of all, The Health Protection Agency (HPA) has made it a mandatory requirement for all tourists and other travellers traveling to Maldives for short term stay to present a Negative PCR test result for COVID-19 on arrival effective 10th September 2020.
- All tourists arriving to Maldives must have a health document in English that confirms the tourist has a PCR test for COVID-19 with a negative result. The said PCR test has to be conducted within a maximum of 72 hours prior to departure to Maldives.
- Travelers who are arriving for a stay at a tourist resort or a liveaboard shall stay only at the resort or liveaboard vessel till departure.
- Travellers who arrive in the Maldives except for tourists shall register for home quarantine through the “haalubelun” Web portal https://haalubelun.hpa.gov.mv, prior to starting travel to Maldives. If you have not registered in the web portal, you shall complete and collect quarantine document from health office at the port you arrive
- Travelers arriving for a short term work based visit (less than 14 days) shall obtain special permission from HPA. Request for permission has to be made by the concerned/liaised local agency.
In accordance to health requirements all travellers travelling to Maldives are required to submit a self-declarative health declaration within 24 hours prior their departure to Maldives.