- To ensure the safety of all, The Health Protection Agency (HPA) has made it a mandatory requirement for all tourists and other travellers traveling to Maldives for short term stay to present a Negative PCR test result for COVID-19 on arrival effective 10th September 2020.
- All tourists arriving to Maldives must have a health document in English that confirms the tourist has a PCR test for COVID-19 with a negative result. The said PCR test has to be conducted within a maximum of 72 hours prior to departure to Maldives.
- Travelers who are arriving for a stay at a tourist resort or a liveaboard shall stay only at the resort or liveaboard vessel till departure.
- Travellers who arrive in the Maldives except for tourists shall register for home quarantine through the “haalubelun” Web portal https://haalubelun.hpa.gov.mv, prior to starting travel to Maldives. If you have not registered in the web portal, you shall complete and collect quarantine document from health office at the port you arrive
- Travelers arriving for a short term work based visit (less than 14 days) shall obtain special permission from HPA. Request for permission has to be made by the concerned/liaised local agency.
In accordance to health requirements all travellers travelling to Maldives are required to submit a self-declarative health declaration within 24 hours prior their departure to Maldives.
Allied Insurance Company in association with the Ministry of Tourism, has launched a Covid-19 insurance policy focusing on tourists who visit Maldives.
The covid-19 Insurance policy namely as Allied Inbound consists of two options that covers medical charges, isolation facility charges, emergency medical transportation charges and interment charges which may follow a positive diagnosis for Covid-19 of a tourist during their stay in Maldives. This plan only includes isolation centers designated by HPA.
A willing tourist should apply for this plan prior to entering the country. This plan is now available for tourists on Allied Insurance’s website. More details about this plan will also be available on https://allied.mv/personal/allied-inbound#tab-details and the toll free hotline 1600.
Irrespective of their age, any visitor who is not a citizen or does not hold a valid resident visa of Maldives will be eligible for this plan. The plan comes in two options; Allied Inbound and Allied Inbound Plus.
To Apply Online pls visit;